25 Ocak 2009 Pazar

SOUND OF SİLENCE



Dm                        C
Hello darkness my old friend
Dm
I've come to talk with you again
F Bb F
Because a vision softly creeping
Bb F
Left his seeds while I was sleeping
Bb F
And the vision that was planted in my brain
Dm F C D
Still remain within the sound of silence.


Verse 1:
C
In restless dreams I walked alone
Dm
Narrow streets of cobbled stone
F Bb F
'Neath the halo of a street lamp
Bb F
I turned my collar to the cold and damp
Bb F
When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light
Dm F C Dm
That split the night and touched the sound of silence.


Verse 2:
C
And in the naked light I saw
Dm
Ten thousand people maybe more
F Bb F
People talking without speaking
Bb F
People hearing without listening
Bb F
People writing songs that voices never share
Dm F C Dm
And no one dare disturb the sound of silence


Verse 3:
C
Fools said I you do not know
Dm
Silence like a cancer grow
F Bb F
Hear my words that I might teach you
Bb F
Take my arm that I might reach you
Bb F
But my words like silent raindrops fell
Dm F C Dm
And echoed in the well of silence


Verse 4:
C
And the people bowed and prayed
Dm
To the neon god they made
F Bb F
And the sign flashed out its warning
Bb F
In the words that it was forming

And the sign said
Bb F
The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls
Dm F C Dm
And tenement halls and whispered in the sound of silence

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder